To have a bit of fun for Halloween, we made our own “Ghost Gak” today.
Here are the instructions:
Materials (per child):
One 4 oz. bottle of Elmer’s Glue
1 teaspoon Borax (powder detergent)
1/2 Cup Measuring Cup
Food Coloring (as desired)
1. Empty the entire bottle of glue into a bowl.
2. Fill bottle with warm water and shake (remember to make sure the cap is on tight).
3. Empty the bottle of water into your bowl and stir until it looks well mixed.
4. If you would like colored Gak (we didn’t, we were making “Ghost Gak” for Halloween) then add a few drops to the mixture. Stir and Set aside.
5. Add about 1/2 cup warm water to a cup. Add 1 tsp. Borax to the water and mix until Borax dissolves. Then pour the Borax solution into your glue bowl. Stir until it forms a clump.
6. Give the kids the clump and let them play with it. It will get gooier and gooier as they do.
This was an awesome project. It is cheap and easy. It doesn’t smell and it is not very messy. Plus, the kids were amazed and played with their Ghost Gak for over an hour!